- Our internship program engages students for paid work sessions involving projects closely related to the student's area of study.
- Work experiences generally are not required for college credit nor required to satisfy degree or graduation requirements. Work sessions are structured, supervised, professional, and relate to the student's area of study. These experiences allow students to sharpen their skills, develop a network of contacts, assess their strengths, and test classroom theories in real world settings.
- In addition to working during school semesters or summer breaks, intern opportunities may include working during other school breaks or on a part-time basis while attending school if the Company has opportunities available.
Students must maintain a GPA of 2.50 - 4.00 or above and must be currently enrolled as a full time student for the current academic year at an accredited 4-year or 2-year college or university.
Several factors and/or activities may be used to identify the best candidates:
- Business Needs of the Company
- Student Academic Performance
- Relevant Experience
- Area of Study
- Interview Results
- Contacts with Students During Recruiting Trips to Colleges or Conferences
Interns are paid on an hourly basis with the rate determined by their academic standing (i.e., Sophomore, Junior, Senior). Intern pay rates are reviewed and adjusted each year based on external market data to ensure competitiveness. Interns may qualify for a monthly housing stipend.
Some interns join Dominion after graduation: