Scholarship Award: $7,500
Number of Awards: Unknown
Minimum GPA Required: Unknown
Eligible Candidates/Minimum Qualifications:
- Formed in September 2004, the Alliance is an academic consortium designed to increase diversity in the healthcare and research workforce.
- A primary focus is to provide summer internship and research opportunities for talented minority students pursuing careers in health and biomedical sciences.
- The Alliance also provides summer fellowships for faculty members who teach in those areas.
- The aim of the program is to reduce disparities in access to quality care between racial and ethnic minorities and our country’s majority population.
- During Summer 2005, eight students were partnered with mentors from the University of Nebraska and VCU.
- The average cost to underwrite one summer internship experience is $5,000.
Co-op or Internship Opportunity: Yes