About the Scholarships
The Dominion community suffered tragic losses on April 16, 2007. The Virginia Tech shootings, in Blacksburg, Virginia, took the lives of three college students whose parent or grandparent worked for Dominion.
James C. "Bubba" Brooks, a retired line foreman, lost his granddaughter, Rachael Elizabeth Hill; Granville G. Gwaltney, a retired meter technician, lost his grandson, Matthew Gregory Gwaltney; and David M. "Mike" White, a transmission lineman, lost his daughter, Nicole Regina White, in the classroom shootings.
In memory of Rachael, Matthew and Nicole and in support of Bubba, Granville and Mike, Dominion is proud to offer these scholarships to the children and grandchildren of Dominion employees and retirees.
Six college scholarships of up to $5,000 annually will be awarded, with two each named as follows:
- Matthew Gregory Gwaltney Memorial Scholarship
- Rachael Elizabeth Memorial Scholarship
- Nicole Regina White Memorial Scholarship
- November 1 - Scholarship applications available
- January 31 - Applications due by 5 p.m.
- April 16 - Notification to all applicants
- Limited to children or grandchildren of a retired or current, permanent, full-time Dominion employee.
- Must be a high school senior with a minimum cumulative six-semester GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale and demonstrated service to community.
- Children/grandchildren of Dominion officers and selection committee are not eligible.
- Must have plans for full-time attendance at a two- or four-year accredited U.S. college or university.
To begin the application process, please review the full scholarship guidelines. Then create online account using the link below. If you have already created an account, please log in to retrieve your application. Once you have submitted your application, you will no longer be able to log in and make changes.
Questions may be directed to the Scholarship Coordinator by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.