How does it work?
Check out our video detailing the measures and benefits!
Have a Home Energy Check-Up completed and you’ll receive a personalized report showing the projected energy and potential cost savings you could earn resulting from the implementation of options identified during the check-up.
Once you provide documentation that some of the recommended energy efficiency improvements have been made, a portion of the check-up price will be refunded, up to the full price of the check-up for measures completed at the time of the check-up.
This program can help reduce costs while improving the efficiency of your home. We make it easy to participate and customize the recommendations to maximize the benefits for you.
The Home Energy Check-Up provides you with:
- An on-site analysis of your energy use
- A report which contains cost-effective options and easy-to-follow recommendations to help you reduce your energy usage
- Financial incentives that cover approved measures
- Connection to prequalified contractors who can perform the work
- Equipment installation at your convenience
Dominion’s Home Energy Check-Up offers incentives for the installation of a variety of energy saving measures, including:
Here's a complete list of approved measures
- compact florescent light bulbs,
- efficient faucet aerators and showerheads,
- replacement air filters for air conditioners,
- door weather-stripping, and
- smart outlet strips.
The average one-time incentive is approximately $230, based on the number of energy saving measures installed during the visit.Note: One audit per location.
Contact a local, participating contractor (here’s a list).
On the day of the Home Energy Check-Up the contractor will do the following:
- Perform a 2-3 hour walkthrough of your home
- Upon completion of the Home Energy Check-Up, the contractor will generate a personalized report that recommends certain direct install measures that can be completed the day of the check-up and are eligible for rebates as well as project more advanced savings opportunities you can also take advantage of.
- Ask for your information in order to complete the electronic rebate application for you
You will receive a confirmation email the day your rebate information is received. After you receive the initial confirmation email, you can check your rebate status using Manage Your Account or by calling 1-888-366-8280.
Your rebate check will be mailed directly to you. Customers may also assign their rebate directly to the contractor for instant savings on the cost of services. Not all contractors offer the instant rebate option. Contact your participating contractor for additional rebate details.
For more information, check out the program FAQs or call 1-888-366-8280.