In memory of:
Matthew Gregory Gwaltney, Rachael Elizabeth Hill, and Nicole Regina White
The Dominion community suffered tragic losses on April 16, 2007. The Virginia Tech shootings in Blacksburg, Virginia, took the lives of three college students whose parent or grandparent worked for Dominion.
James C. "Bubba" Brooks, a retired line foreman, lost his granddaughter, Rachael Elizabeth Hill; Granville G. Gwaltney, a retired meter technician, lost his grandson, Matthew Gregory Gwaltney; and David M. "Mike" White, a transmission lineman, lost his daughter, Nicole Regina White, in the classroom shootings.
In memory of Rachael, Matthew and Nicole, and in support of Bubba, Granville and Mike, Dominion is proud to offer these scholarships to the children and grandchildren of Dominion employees and retirees.
Six college scholarships of up to $5,000 annually will be awarded, with two each named as follows:
- Matthew Gregory Gwaltney Memorial Scholarship
- Rachael Elizabeth Memorial Scholarship
- Nicole Regina White Memorial Scholarship
Awards are renewable for up to three years (total of four years).
- Limited to children or grandchildren of a retired or current, permanent, full-time Dominion employee.
- Must be a high school senior with a minimum cumulative six-semester GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale and demonstrated service to community.
- Children/grandchildren of Dominion officers and selection committee are not eligible.
- Must have plans for full-time attendance at a two- or four-year accredited U.S. college or university.
Read our full description for complete requirements, deadlines, and how to apply.
To begin the application process please take a minute to create an online account. If you have already created an account, please login to retrieve your application. Once you have submitted your application, you will no longer be able to login and make changes.