What is the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Program?
Dominion East Ohio’s Home Performance with ENERGY STAR (HPwES) Program through CLEAResult has been designed to help our residential customers improve their homes’ energy efficiency.
A home energy assessment is the first step in improving a home’s efficiency and reducing energy consumption through this program. The subsidized cost for the home performance assessment is $50 (retail value of $500).
During the assessment, which can last up to four (4) hours, a qualified auditor will use advanced diagnostic equipment to conduct a comprehensive assessment of your home’s energy efficiency. Through this assessment, the auditor will gather information regarding the existing condition of your home and identify areas that may need improvement. At the end of the assessment, the auditor will explain what improvements can be made and offer to email you or provide you with a printed report containing the results of the assessment.
Based on the observations made during the assessment, the auditor may install the following energy-saving home improvements:
- CO detector or programmable thermostat
- High efficiency showerhead
- Water heater pipe wrap
- Water heater temperature set back
- Kitchen faucet aerators
- Bathroom faucet aerators
The auditor will also provide you with information on how to select a participating contractor in your area, should you choose to complete the recommended improvements and take advantage of up to $1,250 in rebates offered through this program.
To participate in the program, you must:
- Be a residential Dominion East Ohio customer with an active account in an individually metered, single-family, -or multi-family dwelling with no more than 4 individually metered units.
- Have natural gas as the residence’s primary heating source.
- Not be on the Percentage of Income Payment Plan Plus (PIPP Plus), and/or not be eligible for the Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP). Here are the PIPP/HEAP income guidelines.
- Not have completed a home energy assessment through Dominion’s HPwES Program, or received weatherization assistance through Dominion’s Housewarming Program in the last 5 years.
- Use a CLEAResult qualified auditor for the assessment and a participating contractor when making the recommended improvements in order to qualify for rebates through the program.
For more Program details go to: http://deohpwes.com
Program Contact Information
The Dominion East Ohio Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Program is offered on a first-come, first-served basis and is effective until annual funding is expended or the program is discontinued by the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio.