What is the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR®Program?
Dominion East Ohio’s Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Program takes a comprehensive approach to help boost your home’s comfort and long-term value, while keeping your energy bills in check. Starting with a home energy assessment, your entire home will be evaluated as one interconnected system to understand exactly how it’s using - and wasting - energy.
Enjoy a more comfortable, energy-efficient home with rebates up to $1,250 by taking the following steps:
Step 1. The home energy assessment
We'll send a certified auditor to conduct a thorough assessment of your home's energy efficiency. Your assessment also includes FREE installation of several energy-efficient products such as:
- High-efficiency showerheads
- Kitchen and bathroom faucet aerators
- Programmable thermostat OR carbon monoxide detector
- Water heater pipe wrap
Step 2. Review the results and take action
Following the assessment, you’ll receive a customized report with recommendations on how to save energy and improve your home’s comfort. Recommendations may include:
- Adding insulation
- Eliminating drafts through air sealing
- Upgrading heating equipment
- Replacing windows and doors
Step 3. Make improvements and receive rebates
Before leaving your home, our auditor will provide you with a list of participating contractors and guide you through the Contractor-Installed and Do-It-Yourself measures and rebates available for each project.
- Work performed by qualified contractors
- Potential savings on energy bills
- Fewer drafts and more comfortable rooms
- Improvements may increase long-term value of your home
To schedule your Home Performance Energy Assessment, complete the form here or call 1-877-287-3416.
- Be a residential Dominion East Ohio customer with an active account in an individually metered, single-family, or multi-family dwelling with no more than 4 individually metered units.
- Have natural gas as the residence’s primary heating source.
- Not be on the Percentage of Income Payment Plan Plus (PIPP Plus), and/or not be eligible for the Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP). Refer to PIPP/HEAP income guidelines.
- Not have completed a home energy assessment through Dominion’s Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Program, or received weatherization assistance through Dominion’s Housewarming Program in the last 5 years.
- Use a CLEAResult qualified auditor for the assessment and a participating contractor when making the recommended improvements in order to qualify for rebates through the program.
For more Program details go to: http://deohpwes.com
- Must complete a comprehensive home energy assessment by one of CLEAResult’s energy auditors (cost of assessment: $50)
- Improvements must be recommended as a result of the home energy assessment.
- Participating contractor must install Contractor-Installed measures. Customer can install Do-It-Yourself (DIY) installed measures.
- Improvements must meet the Program’s minimum requirements for the measure.
- The total combined rebate amount must be at least $75, but no more than the $1,250 maximum.
- Rebate Application must be received by CLEAResult within one (1) year from the date of the home energy assessment and no greater than ninety (90) days from the date of completion of work.
Program Contact Information
The Dominion East Ohio Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Program is offered on a first-come, first-served basis and is available until annual funding is expended or the Program is discontinued by the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio. The Program is funded by Ohio utility customers and is administered by CLEAResult, on behalf of Dominion East Ohio.